On 2020-06-23 10:31 p.m., internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-25

yes, I read the diffs :-)

-   This document describes a modular design for a self-forming, self-
-   managing and self-protecting ACP, which is a virtual in-band network
-   designed to be as independent as possible of configuration,

+   This document describes a modular design for a self-forming, self-
+   managing and self-protecting ACP, which is a virtual out-of-band
+   network designed to be as independent as possible of configuration,

This change from being a virtual in-band network to a virtual out-of-band network must have been in response to some comments... It seems a big change in some ways. I guess it makes this text consistent with the abstract which has said virtual out-of-band for awhile now.

But, I do have to wonder if we are creating confusion by claiming that this is an out-of-band mechanism, even though it's really an in-band mechanism. It's just virtually-out.

I actually do want to start a bike-shed issue here?
Are we describing ourself wrong? Maybe there is some portmanteau that would be more accurate? I think that the above sentence is essentially the elevator pitch for all of ANIMA.

There is also a bunch of other text that has been added to the Introduction, which I think confuses more than it enlightens.
Or at least needs a better copy-edit.

A number of other new sections (9.4..) need a copy-edit to fix some missing words. I will try to help Toerless with that via github.