Dear Adam,

What's wrong with the output of write.table? I can do the following
without any error (building upon the example of fpt):

data(puechcirc)
i <- fpt(puechcirc, seq(300,1000, length=30))
bla <- do.call(rbind, i)
write.table(bla, file = "bla.txt")

And the resulting text file is fine.

Mathieu.

Le 2011-01-31 17:37, Adam T. Ford a écrit :
> Hello Animovers,
>
> I am having trouble extracting the results of the fpt () function.
> As far as I can tell, this function is working correctly, all the plots
> appear in order etc.
>
> I have 7 animals with different sampling periods representing a total of
> 48 'bursts'. So I have 48 dataframes assembled as a "fipati" object.
> My problem is that I  am not sure how to compile a list of multiple
> dataframes in way that I can analyze it statistically, or look at it
> completely.
>
> I have tried (for example):
>
>    i <- fpt(puechcirc, seq(5, 100, 5), units = "hours")
>    do.call(rbind, i)
>
> and then I tried write.table() to export to a text file but got a series
> of errors, for example:
>
>     23] WARNING: Warning: \U used without hex digits
>     Warning: '\A' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
>     Warning: '\D' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
>     Warning: '\D' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
>     Warning: '\S' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
>    Warning: '\J' is an unrecognized escape in a character string
>
> Has anyone else worked had success extracting information from a fipati
> class object?
>
> I realize this is porbably a simple "r-rookie" question, but i cannot
> find what I am looking for in other forums, my r book etc
>
> Great work on this package by the way, very helpful and much needed in
> the ecological community.
>
> Adam T. Ford
> Ph.D. Candidate
> Department of Zoology
> University of British Columbia
> Vancouver, B.C
>
> Canada

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille, Post-Doc

~$ locate
Laboratoire d'Écologie Comportementale et de Conservation de la Faune
+ Centre d'Étude de la Forêt
Département de Biologie
Université Laval, Québec

~$ info
http://ase-research.org/basille

~$ fortune
``If you can't win by reason, go for volume.''
Calvin, by Bill Watterson.