The difference comes from the NA (fpt first removes any NAs in the
coordinates).

Something along that line should work:

data(puechcirc)
i <- fpt(puechcirc, seq(300,1000, length=30))
bla <- do.call(rbind, i)

na <- unlist(lapply(puechcirc, function(i) sum(!is.na(i[, 1]))))
bla$burst <- rep(burst(puechcirc), each = na)

Hope this helps,
Mathieu.