Il 05/11/2012 02:38, Anne Ghisla ha scritto:
> As I said in other discussions, it is more difficult and lenghty to
> re-develop all code including the algorithms.
numpy makes this easy.
> A shorter and equally
> functional solution is keeping R algorithms and rewrite the connector
> + interface.
this is a very good alternative, even though it still requires R, who
proved over the years to be a significant nuisance for many users to
install.
the beauty of a Pure Python solution would be that no additional
installation wold be required. Franky, installing R just for having
kernel calculations seems overshooting.

> Sextante already collaborates very well with R, without needing rpy2,
> so my idea is to rewrite the plugin in a way that well-tested R
> algorithms are still used.
nice
> My estimate is of a week of work, in order to migrate all functionality
> and provide a user-friendly suite of tests that will help users in
> isolating plugin errors.
I do not think the rewrite of kernels should take more than two days, so
efforts are comparable.

> I am not available shortly for this work, but can give more information
> to the developer who wants to complete it.
anyone available? of course, who works (or pays) decides :)

all the best, and thanks for your thoughts.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu