Hello Brian,

And thanks for taking the time of answering.

Am Montag, 5. August 2019 16:41:36 UTC+2 schrieb Brian Coca:

> If anyone has a solution that fixes all the underlying issues w/o
> creating a burden on any of the users, we are more than happy to
> listen, 'revert this cause it affects me' is not a solution as it
> keeps the original problem.

Well, I don't understand enough of the development process to provide an
alternative solution. And I understand for sure that the change won't be
reverted because it affects me. From the discussion on GitHub I got the
impression that a lot of users have issues with this change. And I'm
wondering how broad the user base was in the discussion that has lead to
the decision.

Maybe anyone else has a good idea on how to solve this. Let's see.

I'm really sad that a change with the potential to affact a very large user
group was made without proper documentation. I know that developers have
the curse of knowledge but when the behaviour changes the documentation has
to be changed, too. Well, an issue is open for that. Let's see when it
could be solved.

I hope you could keep your promise:

> Just to say this once, clearly , YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO USE DASHES IN
> GROUP NAMES also dots and other characters that are now considered
> 'invalid', just not by default. This 'default' is what is being deprecated,
> the default will be 'safe' in 2.11, but you will always have an option to
> 'opt in' to the old behaviour.

Should that change my colleagues would force me to change the config
managment. :-(

Best regards,
Joerg