Perhaps we could make role name an optional third field - so if you do want
role_name but not role_version, just leave role_version blank i.e.
git+http://git.server/bad-role-name,,nice-role-name

The reason for making it the third field is that I don't want to break
existing roles files and I don't want the parsing for SCM roles to be
fundamentally different to the galaxy roles.

I don't particularly wish this to block the take-up of this pull request,
but I'm happy enough to implement it if the above seems a reasonable
approach.

Will