On Thu, Jun 29, 2023 at 6:35 AM Kathy L <lyonsf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Both items make sense - thank you.
>
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 11:50:56 AM UTC-4 Brian Coca wrote:
>>
>> If you want to just see if things 'would change':
>> `check_mode: true`
>>
>> not all modules support it, but both cron and lininefile modules say they do

Putting  cron jobs in individual lines of a shared cron file has
always been an iffy sort of task. Errors in ansible scripting can lead
to putting in duplicate lines, and failing to clear slightly older
formats of the same line. It's why I encourage using "/etc/cron.daily"
files and similar hoptions. Those can also help prevent running your
cron job in the midst of another interfering cron jobs, such as
database backups and filesystem backups.