At 09:14 AM 6/13/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>Conor MacNeill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if the path didn't evaluate the fileset until it
>> needed to supply the path so that paths based on jars in a fileset
>> where the jars don't yet exist can be used (if you know what I mean)
>
>You can do that now to a certain extent - just don't define the path
>until the jars have been created.
>
>For more than that, one would probably even need a way to refresh a
>path after jars have been added or removed - I'm not sure I'd want to
>go that far.

The way I was thinking about doing it (based on the myrmidon prototype) is
via another interface Resolvable. ie

interface Resolvable
{
  Object resolve( Context context )
    throws ContextException;
}

So if an object implements Resolvable it is resolved just before it is
"used". So in this case it would be when it is handed to task via
attribute. Or if you were

<fileset id="foo" .../>

a. <property name="foo-evaluated1" value="${foo}" />
b. <property name="foo-evaluated2" value="${foo}" />
c.
<copy todir=...>
 <fileset refid="foo"/>
</copy>

So at each different time (a, b and c) the fileset could be resolved to
different values. That was what I was playing with and seemed to cover most
of the cases.
Cheers,

Pete