--- Gurdev Parmar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Like, the manual does not say that <fileset> inside <path> tag
> > > can be used only for jar files and not source files.
> >
> > But where would you ever have a path that includes source files? What
> > would use it? In other words, while it's not explicitly stated, the
> > fact that it's a path datatype should imply that only things that are
> > meaningful being part of a path should be included.
>
> Maybe you have come to acept it that way. But what makes you
> think that PATH means directories?

What makes you think I think that? I certainly never said I did, nor did I
say that <path>'s can't include files -- they just need files that are
*meaningful* to something that's asking for a path-type element. If the
path-type element is specifying a classpath, then the <path> being
referenced should include names of directories where class files can be
found and/or names of archive-type files where class files can be found,
because that's what's meaningful in a classpath. If the path-type element
is specifying directories in which to search for source files, such as the
include names of directories, since that's what's meaningful to it.

> As I told you I want to place all the source file patterns at one place.
> My build file contains many targets for compiling different sets of
> source files. I want to have the source file patterns for all these
> tasks at one place at the top [...]

Then you want to define a <patternset>.

Diane

=====