I'm trying to find out if there's any way for an ant build file to include
another build file. I'm envisioning a task like

 <include buildfile="../projectA/build.xml"/>

Then the buildfile for projectB (which is the one which would include the
above line) would be able to re-define tasks which had been previously
defined in the projectA buildfile, hence overriding them.

My situation is this: projectA, in my case, is a set of classes and
property files and a build file. projectB is an instance of a projectA
project. It is very similar to projectA, but needs to have some
modifications in its build file. As things stand, every time projectA's
build file is changed, we have to manually merge the two build files. It
would be great if there were a way for projectB's build file to just refer
to projectA's build file. I've pored over the online ant documentation,
and can't see a way to do this.

One thing that I thought of was that, during projectB's build process, we
could run a script to create a build file by merging projectA's build file
with a file which contained projectB's modifications. That seems clumsy
and subject to lots of problems, though.

I hope that's clear. And I hope you guys have a good solution for me.

Thanks,
Jessica