the following task (only 1 java file)

<javac srcdir="${src}/api" optimize="on" classpathref="classpath"/>

creates a .class file in the ${src}/api directory, even though the java file has this
statement

package enCommerce.getAccess.API.User;

I expect it to create the directories enCommerce/getAccess/API/User and put the class
file there.

That screws up my following task
    <jar destfile="${distr}/getextapi.jar"  filesonly="true">
        <fileset dir="${src}/api">
                <include name="**/*.class"/>
        </fileset>
    </jar>

what did I not do right?
Should I organize the source directory structure according to the package structure?

I move the java file to ${src}/api/enCommerce/getAccess/API/User/*.java
and I got the desired result.

Is that what's supposed to happen?

tia
Suu Quan
408-553-7155  (cell 408-420-6687)
Configuration Management & Release Engineering
Agilent Technologies
Bldg 54, between Posts G4-G5
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051