On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jan Materne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After reading the chapter in Eriks and Steves book "Java Development
> with Ant" I had chosen CruiseControl. They have written their views
> of the proīs and conīs to each continous-integration-tool so you
> could make your own decision.

But one of their most pressing reasons for CruiseControl is that it
was the only tool to support SCMs other than CVS.

While this is pretty much still true for Gump (it has support for
Subversion now), AntHill seems to have caught up
<http://www.urbancode.com/projects/anthill/profeatures.jsp> lists most
major SCMs as "in progress".

AFAIR they don't cover CruiseControl 2.x either (which is said to be a
lot easier to configure).

Stefan