Dear Ronald F. Guilmette

I've read on the Ripe.Net site that RIPE is formally constituted as
a formal "association" under Dutch law.

I think there is a small misunderstanding. RIPE is not formally
constituted. It is the RIPE NCC which is, and it is an association
under Dutch law, as you say above.

Does there exist a similar sort of formal document which has been filed
by RIPE, on its own behalf, with Dutch authorities?

No, but you can find the RIPE NCC's Articles of Association at
https://www.ripe.net/publications/docs/ripe-602

Lastly, I must ask the question:  What is RIPE NCC, exactly?  Is it a
formal organ which is itself chartered strictly

Yes, it is a membership organisation, registered as an Association in The
Netherlands.

and only under the
auspices and authority of RIPE itself?

RIPE does not have "authority" over RIPE NCC, it is the members. In many
cases the RIPE community and the RIPE NCC membership overlap, but not
always.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Janos