In message <3c775da1-20ae-441e-b30e-38243f420...@blacknight.com>,
Michele Neylon - Blacknight <mich...@blacknight.com> writes

>What's any of this got to do with RIPE and this WG?

the issue of mail bombing ... people getting 20K+ emails in their
mailbox, each of which is individually quite acceptable is something
which the industry has been struggling with for well over a year

>Is there a policy proposal or something else forthcoming?

an obvious mitigation is CAPTCHAs on sign-up forms ... so it would be an
appropriate Best Practice to document -- but whether RIPE is a suitable
forum for such a document (or whether there is somewhere which is far
more focused on hosting providers) I could not say.

--
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755