If you framed your issues or questions more clearly and succinctly it would be
helpful.

In relation to your specific "ask" I don't think it's the right one. You could,
potentially, come up with a best practice eg. That providers should verify that
account holders / users have access to an email address before letting them add
it to a service. But I've no idea how you'd decided on rate limiting the
verification emails. Based on my own experiences with mail servers, spam
filters, grey listing etc., you can easily end up spamming yourself when those
emails don't come through quickly enough.

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions

On 18/07/2018, 12:30, "anti-abuse-wg on behalf of ac"