In message <alpine.lrh.2.21.1903192318300.2...@gauntlet.corp.fccn.pt>,
Carlos Friaças <cfria...@fccn.pt> writes

>The misuse of AS numbers was not seen (maybe until now...) as a frequent
>event (and thus a priority),

Then you have not been looking at various announcements of Chinese
address space and asking yourself whether or not you think that it is
plausible or not that a large Chinese ISP would be buying transit for a
small subset of their space from this small out-of-region hosting
company :-(

>but if someone is (mis)using an AS number
>that belongs to a third party, then it should also be stated in writing
>that this practice is a violation of RIPE policy -- and of course, allow a
>path for the affected party to issue a report about that.

AIUI the current discussion is intended to allow the proposer to refine
what they are proposing...

... in a world where RPKI is gaining some traction, the misuse of AS
numbers (to tag onto hijacked prefixes) is going to become more common.
I can see no reason to separate out this wickedness.

--
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755