Clearly it is a matter of wording and also introducing warnings in some cases.

I have sent a text about this before:

“Direct peers allowing the hijack thru their networks will be warned the first
time, but may be considered by the experts evaluation to be a party involved in
case of subsequent deliberated hijacks cases“

Regards,
Jordi

El 22/3/19 12:19, "anti-abuse-wg en nombre de Carlos Friaças via
anti-abuse-wg" <anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net en nombre de
anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> escribió:

    On Fri, 22 Mar 2019, Sascha Luck [ml] wrote:

    > On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 11:12:02PM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
    > anti-abuse-wg wrote:
    >> 3) We may need to refine the text, but the suspected hijacker, in case
of
    >> sponsored resources, is the suspected hijacker, not the sponsoring LIR
    >> (which may not even have relation to it). However, some people indicated
    >> that the direct peer should be also accountable. I think I also mention
    >> this before, one possible option is to tell the direct peer the first
time
    >> "this is a warning report", please make sure to improve your filters.
    >
    > Now I'm confused. In another post, Carlos indicated that someone
    > who receives a hijacked prefix is a victim and here they are also
    > Bad People. I'm not sure what to think about a retributive
    > proposal that can't even keep the "victims" and the "offenders"
    > apart. In this case ("neighbours are bad") it reminds me of a UK law
    > that punishes not only an illegal immigrant but also the landlord
    > who fails to refuse to rent them a flat.

    Hi,

    The issue here might be the difference between a peering and a transit
    relationship.

    If hijacker Z announces prefix Y to network X. Then network X will
    route packets towards the hijacker, even if X doesn't propagate prefix Y
    any further to any other 3rd party networks.

    An hijacker can join an IXP and announce an hijacked prefix to one, some
    or all of the IXP's membership. In that case we will have one, some or
    many victims.

    Hope it is clear now.

    Regards,
    Carlos

    > rgds,
    > SL

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.