On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 01:18:10PM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
anti-abuse-wg wrote:
"Lack of disagreement is more important than agreement" I read that as those opposing
should explain why and provide inputs. Those agreeing can just say nothing or say "I
agree".

I don't actually agree with that premise. ("Lack of disagreement
is more important than agreement") Silence is not consent. Insofar, the "+1" is useful as an expression of consent.
Of course, that also means that anyone who does not "+1" should
at least be considered as possibly non-consenting.

That means that "One hundred people for and five people against might not be rough
consensus", but if there is a minor number of insignificant non-addressed issues, having many
"+1", should take preference than having silence or the opposing ones.

No, and most assuredly not when it is so *obviously* a case of
"I've emailed all my friends and colleagues to support me" (You're not the only one guilty of this, I regularly receive
requests to "support me in this") But, I think the chairs are
experienced enough to give such contributions the weight they
deserve.

The only reason to even *have* a PDP is so issues with proposals
can be addressed. And I take this to mean *all* issues.

I'm tempted to say this is like a negotiation, but not exactly the same. I
think everybody can understand what I mean (in Spanish will be much easier to
explain!), and always trying my best and NEVER did a policy proposal because
I've any special personal or business interest, up to each participant to
believe me or not. I just do it because I think is good for the community, for
Internet, even if it means investing my (small) amount of available time, out
of sleep or leisure time.

Nobody, as far as I can ascertain, has leveled such an
accusation, so why defend against it? Proverbs 28:1?

I *really* prefer to write and defend 100 new policy proposals than being a
co-chair (super-heroes for me!). We don't say it often, and we should repeat it
much more: Thanks for all that work.

Pfft, appeal to flattery. Though it is to be said that sifting
through this list is a task worthy of a Hercules.

rgds,
SL