In message <68c5238d-b796-45b9-8735-5849140dc...@consulintel.es>,
JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.pa...@consulintel.es> wrote:

>When some operators aren't responding to abuse cases, or when they are boun=
>cing emails, or you get a response from someone telling "sorry I'm not the =
>right contact for this, the email is mistaken", and many other similar situ=
>ations ... the operator is telling you "we don't care about abuse from our =
>customer to other networks".

Just a quick follow-up note on this.

These days, about half of the time when I report a spam that came to me
from one of Microsoft's ASNs, I get a reply back telling me that the
spam in question came from an Outlook user, and giving me some other
reporting email address, and vaguely encouraging me to re-report the
spam to that different address.

I never do.

(This happens EVEN IF I had, in the first instance, reported the spam
to the exact email address that is given as the abuse reporting address
for the relevant ASN in the official ARIN WHOIS records.)

If the people at Microsoft who handle abuse cannot be bothered to just
simply forward a spam report from one of their own departments to
another, internally, then I am not persuaded that any part of their
organization is adequately motivated to do anything at all about it,
no matter who I sent it to.

Regards,
rfg