Hi Alex,

El 16/1/20 16:30, "anti-abuse-wg en nombre de Alex de Joode"
<anti-abuse-wg-boun...@ripe.net en nombre de a...@idgara.nl> escribió:

Hi Sara,

The issue with your statement below is that RIPE NCC cannot (legally, under
Dutch contract law) disconnect resources if a resource holder (or more likely
his customer) does not (properly) deal with abuse complaints. (for instance due
to reasons of proportionality)

​

Currently RIPE NCC mandates an email address for receiving abuse notices (which
is good, as companies can specify a specific address that is monitored by
people who can take action, and notifiers have a way to find out where to sent
notices for speedy resolution).

The availability of this address is checked by RIPE. So the current system
basically works to enhance the infrastructure for those that are willing to
deal with abuse notices.

This is where we disagree: The current system doesn’t work. Only checks that “a
mailbox” exist, but not that the mailbox works, isn’t full, bounces, or it has
your email address for *your* abuse-c.

It seems a simple issue, but a policy amendment is required to make the RIPE
NCC to change this and make it coherent same as in ARIN, APNIC and (as soon as
implemented) LACNIC.

Some within this community do feel this is not enough. That as RIPE controls
resources, RIPE should be put in a position to leverage these resources in such
a way as to ensure all  it's resource holders deal with abuse notice in a
proper way. This would then lead to a crime free internet and everybody is
happy.

Implementing this is a fundament shift in the role and responsibility of RIPE.
A large and vocal group here, do not believe this "deputisation" is the
direction RIPE should pursue. That does not mean they are in favour of a
"un-safe, spam infested, crime ridden internet", they just feel this issue
should be address via leveraging RIPE resouces.

​--

IDGARA | Alex de Joode | a...@idgara.nl | +31651108221 | Skype:adejoode

On Thu, 16-01-2020 14h 23min, "Marcolla, Sara Veronica"