In message <a882c67b-0bb5-4ee3-b4cf-7c5ee62cd...@consulintel.es>, JORDI
PALET MARTINEZ via anti-abuse-wg <anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> writes

>So, if I'm reading it correctly (not being a lawyer), a service provider not
>acting against abuse when it has been informed of so, is liable.

don't get confused between the "Hosting" and "Mere Conduit" provisions

> I'm sure if the
>service provider tries to avoid being "informed" by not looking at
>notifications
>(email, postal, fax, etc.), they will also be liable in front of courts.

correct, but that's a "Hosting" aspect and that's not necessarily the
issue when considering spam (which is certainly some of what is being
considered under the generic "abuse" label)

--
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755