Good morning,

as everybody is certainly aware, the antiabuse scenario has become rather
complex, so
possibly one of the weak points of this group may be its rather wide charter
[https://www.ripe.net/participate/ripe/wg/anti-abuse].

With specialized discussions on various other abuse-related topics happening on
many
different fora around, it is however natural to continue considering this as the
central and reference forum for all aspects related with one single important
issue:
network assets in the RIPE NCC region (IPv4 ranges and ASNs) used in a
*dedicated*
way by criminals or abusers (that is, excluding abuse from customers of real
ISPs
about which nothing can be done here besides chatting).

These groups are very hungry for "clean" ranges, "bulletproof" ranges, "new"
ranges
in a scenario where IPv4 costs are raising to the stars - with all this implies
in terms, for instance, of corruption as we have seen in the recent AFRINIC
case.

So, I admit that I am here almost exclusively for informations and discussions
about RIPE NCC resources in the hands of criminals, and in this sense I found
the
information supplied by Ron to be extremely valuable, even if this may not be
the best place to have a discussion about it and even if his reference to
the position in the list of candidates was probably an unfortunate oversight -
but from previous discussions there was no doubt about the identity of the
questionable candidate.

I would be favorable to either a focusing of the group charter on RIPE NCC
resources dedicated to abuse, or to a new workgroup specifically targeting
this aspect -- even if the presence of abusers themselves and their facilitators
in open groups would limit strongly what the group could achieve operationally.

Regards

Furio