On 17/04/2020 10:09, Tõnu Tammer via anti-abuse-wg wrote:
Dear friends,

Every member of the community, who is on the receiving end of abuse,
feels that something should be done!

I reiterate what I have said before: this is just one example of how
todays' approach in handling abuse or designing anti-abuse policy is not
really working. I am not the only one who has realised that this
community seems not to agree anything. That is perfectly understandable.
When once there was just academia who drove the development of internet,
now the community has grown encompassing legitimate business but also
abusers who have become part of that community. We can always find
reasons (justified or not) on why not to do anything or change anything
but we have to understand that impact of not doing anything will
continue to grow.

Already number of countries argue rightly that the multi-stakeholder
approach is not working. And that is all too true. The reasons why they
want to change are likely not driven by the fact current approach is not
working but something more serious. We have to stop fuelling the
arguments that decentralised model is not delivering. If we continue as
we have, we will have changes forced upon us (thing we have turned down
so far) but its likely that more will come and things, we would not be
happy to see at all.

Tõnu nailed it.  Print it and frame it.

-Hank