Hi,

On Mon, 11 May 2020, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Precisely.  But I wonder whether it is a greater problem to be packeted by a
bot with C2 in IP space that would have been better off not being allocated,
rather than being spammed
or phished from there.  And how much greater or lesser any or all of those
compared to the inconvenience routing and networking people face from having
resources taken away for
originating such traffic.

Spam and phishing happen above layer3, however, significantly reducing spam and phishing (and other malicious bits) would also reduce packets to be pushed around...

I can understand that for some people 90Gbps is (commercially) better than 9Gbps, even if 81Gbps of it are just plain crap...

Oh, and one man's crap can be another man's gold. Especially if the first is in the receiving end and the latter in a sender position. :-)

Regards,
Carlos