In message <20b290b5003cafb91745b7db6d31c...@fos-vpn.org>, info@fos-
vpn.org writes

>To answer your last question: If we receive a valid abuse report i.e.
>from a CERT we temporarily close the regarding Port on the particular
>IP.

For clarity (and I appreciate that English is probably not your first
language...)   do you mean "i.e." (the only abuse reports you consider
to be valid are from CERTs) or did you actually mean "e.g." (an example
of the sort of entity that sends valid abuse reports).

Also .. by "close the regarding Port"  do I take it that you mean that
you block outgoing traffic (of a particular type) to a particular IP or
do you mean you block all outgoing traffic (for example, all tcp/25) ?

>If the customer then starts to complain we send him a copy of the report
>and point out that another violation of our ToS will result in a
>termination of the account without a prior warning and without the
>option of a refund.

Since, as I understand it, you keep no record of what customers do, you
are effectively describing a system for preventing complaints from
customers  (viz: a customer who reports to you on two occasions that
their activity has been the subject of a valid abuse complaint will be
terminated).

I can understand the attractions to you of that business model.

--
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755