Hi Nick

I agree. But what you are saying, is that the WG should continue having no
tangible effect, because the status quo is more important than getting out of
one's comfort zone.

Meanwhile others will, in my opinion, push for policy change. And these others
likely lack crucial insight, i.e. will produce policies that have undesirable
side effects.

The question was if we want to recharter this WG, so I answered what I felt
merits the name.

I like the training the WG produced in the past, but I don't remember much else.

If we want to make a concrete contribution to fighting abuse, we may have to
leave our comfort zone. The internet and the world it lies within has changed
considerably in the past years. This would suggest we should too.

But I think I made my point by now, and I realise it's not a comfortable one.

Best
Serge

--
Dr. Serge Droz
Director, Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams