From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday September 03 2001 18:04
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Why Russia Didn't Veto the ICTY [WWW.STOPNATO.ORG.UK]

Dear Party of Citizens,

the Russian position in the Balkans is complex, but was definately colored
by animosity between the Yeltsin clan and Milosevic, b/c this last one
suported the "hardliner coup" in late August 1991 and also supported the
forces of the parliament during the October 1993 standoff where Yeltsin
order tanks to supress Russian communists and nationalists who were opposing
his policies.  Russia failed to use its veto on a number of key occasions
especially during the Bosnian war.

cheers!

Kole

This Discussion List is the follow-up for the old stopnato @listbot.com that