Dear Jacques,
             I agree with you on every point you make.
There may some wisdom at the moment in focusing our
attention on the Western/NATO policy makers who are
creating and exacerbating conflicts around the world,
but we can't afford to forget the betrayal of the
Yeltsin clique, which the Putin government seems to be
continuing, of not only Yugoslavia, but Russia itself
as well as other peoples and regions.
Just yesterday Vladimir Putin laid a wreath on the
grave of Mannerheim in Finland, Hitler's ally in World
War II in the invasion of the then USSR.
A distinction should always be made, as you've done,
between Russia as a nation and the Russians as a
people - who have consistently demonstrated solidarity
with the people of Yugoslavia and the Balkans in
general and firm opposition to NATO expansion and
aggression, and whichever particular person (lately
with Western bribes and 'election assistance') is head
of state.
Leaders come and go, mass sentiment lasts.
Defending Yugoslavia in 1999 - with all means at its
disposal - was the best way of Russia also defending
itself. Those who abandoned Yugoslavia then are
complicit in the drive of NATO to encircle Russia.
I trust the Russian people to know how to deal with
such behavior.

http://im.yahoo.com