To me, security is a sequence of roadblocks.  It is never perfect, but
I see no reason to remove roadblocks because they are not 100%
effective.  I could stop locking my home's front door since it can be
broken with a large pair of ChannelLocks, but I don't.

I think web server DoS attacks will become a great concern in the
years ahead, and IMO we are very ill-prepared to deal with them.  I
could take down almost any web site in a matter of minutes just by
making legitimate but time-consuming requests in a loop.  It'd take
about 4 lines of TCL (although easily traceable).

THIS is what keeps me up at night -- not the guy trying to fingerprint
my TCP stack or examine my Server header.  But if I discourage one
cracker by removing the header and it serves no useful purpose
otherwise, then why not remove it?

Jim