Speaking from the point of view of a recent convert from the Apache/PHP
world, one thing that will really lower the bar for people like me is a
document (or article) along the lines of "AOLServer and Tcl for
Apache/PHP users." From the end user stand point it may be good to have
packaged versions of AOLServer with snazzy front-ends for configuration
and maintenance/status of the server. I'm not a terrific write, but I
think I could maybe crank out something to assist PHP users in getting
acquainted with AOLServer and Tcl. Tcl along with AOLServer's API is
just as powerful and extensible as PHP is. In fact it offers a lot of
things that PHP simply doesn't (pooled DB connections, robust control
over the use of the HTTP protocol: responses codes, headers, mime
types, etc.).

I think the only thing I'm still hung up on is arrays. In PHP it was
ultra-easy to handle database rows using associative arrays,, and
handling large numbers of rows in multi-dimensional arrays. I don't
really know how to emulate that in Tcl, without setting up a separate
API to handle it. Anyone have some tips on that?

- Gabriel