On 2002.11.10, Jerry Asher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I love emacs. Long live emacs. I hate emacs though. What I hate is that from
the behavior I've seen, apparently at MIT it's considered that a fast way
for a frosh to get noticed by Richard Stallman is to change a well
known API, and then to change all keybindings to make use of the new
paradigm. I swear, every two years all my emacs customizations break.
Gratuitously.
A good portion of programming speed comes from muscle memory of the
environment, so that the brain is free to think about the code at hand,
not how to key it in.

As you say, this is why emacs sucks and vi still rules.  ;-)
Hey!  I didn't say that.  Grrr.  Thanks for the explanation of the
tabs, but you don't have to get nasty.  (I've been using emacs now for
probably 21 years, back when they were Editor Macros for Teco, and
replacing VTEDIT (on VMS and TOPS-10, then found emacs on Multics,
then on the Symbolics, oh boy, am I a user of obsolete systems!)

$$

Jerry