On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 03:13  PM, Patrick Spence wrote:

What I am doing in PHP is dynamic database backed processing as well as
forms, table modifications on the fly, etc.. part of the dynamic
processing
declares an iterative loop that walks over a database table, and the
html
for each displayed row is only actually done once.. its then filled
with
values from the row and looped over multiple times..  this lets me
create
the display (commonly a row in a html table, but not always) once and
then
make like magic.   Dreamweaver has some really nice dynamic application
extensions that make work like this to be fast and easy to work with.

This doesn't really lend itself to prepare the variable and display it
later...

Once Daniel S. was able to figure out why PHP would crash randomly,
its been
solid as a rock...

But I would like the option to do the same under TCL as well...

Exactly the same type of stuff that I am doing currently with PHP,
which is why I want to have that capability within AOLServer / Tcl. I
wish I could find that ADP parser that behaved that way...

I suppose this could just be done with include files, or Tcl library
functions that wrap sections of HTML (to keep it in-memory rather than
having to hit the disk frequently, or are ADP's cached and kept in
memory?).

- Gabriel