----- Original Message -----
From: "Gabriel Ricard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] adp parsers and aolserver 4.0

> > What I am doing in PHP is dynamic database backed processing as well as
> > forms, table modifications on the fly, etc.. part of the dynamic
> > processing
> > But I would like the option to do the same under TCL as well...
>
> Exactly the same type of stuff that I am doing currently with PHP,
> which is why I want to have that capability within AOLServer / Tcl. I
> wish I could find that ADP parser that behaved that way...

Did you bump up the stack size for Aolserver?

> I suppose this could just be done with include files, or Tcl library
> functions that wrap sections of HTML (to keep it in-memory rather than
> having to hit the disk frequently, or are ADP's cached and kept in
> memory?).

ADPs are supposed to be cached :)  and you can custom tweak the cache
settings in the config file.

I could do it with each of those, but thats time wasted as far as I am
concerned... I was able to do a complete rewrite of one of my sites in PHP
instead of TCL and did it in 1/5th the time I was expecting using the
automatic functions in dreamweaver.. once I found the ADOOB postgresql
extension to let me use postgresql in DW/MX it became a lot easier to work
with.

I also was able to reduce my registered tcl procs to 1/10th what they used
to be by removing all the stuff I was doing as procs and registered tags.