----- Original Message -----
From: "C. R. Oldham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [AOLSERVER] adp parsers and aolserver 4.0

> > Once Daniel S. was able to figure out why PHP would crash
> > randomly, its been solid as a rock...
>
> Do I take this to mean that PHP has become a lot more stable under
> AOLserver lately?

For me yes.  You have to change your config file a bit to make it work.  I
was dealing with random crashes etc.. with no log notice and under an
unrelated fix for issues in the resolver library under Redhat recently he
identified

Modify your ns/threads section:

ns_section "ns/threads"

Change this line:
       ns_param   stacksize [expr 128*1024] ;# Per-thread stack size for
hungry C modules.

to this line..
        ns_param   stacksize [expr 512*1024] ;# Per-thread stack size for
hungry C modules.

You may have to play a bit to get it to work right, but this solved -all- my
PHP random crashes.. and now even SquirrelMail works fine with aolserver.

YMMV