On Tuesday 25 February 2003 12:52, you wrote:
> I think it would be reasonable to develop some package loading/saving
> feature. I could code one (better one than I have now) in C (speed
> issues), but never had the time. My current ns_pkg is at
> www.nsstuff.zoro.tcl.pl, if anyone's interested.

The 4.0 series does much better job in interp initialization.
This is now more/less entirely under Tcl control so you can
adjust it to suit your own needs. Speed is IMHO, dependent
on the size of interp state which needs to be re-created.
With some C-level code you won't be able to speed-up things
that much that it would justify the effort needed.

I'd say, people should start looking at 4.0 and see how we
can improve what's there, if it ain't sufficient and/or not
fast enough.

I've heard from Jeff, that ActiveState is working (or has already)
an Tcl_CloneInterp() (or similar) function coded in C.
This might be something to consider as well.

Cheers
Zoran

I. To remove yourself from this list:

Send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  with the following text in
the BODY of your message:

signoff aolserver

II. For a complete list of listserv options please visit:

http://listserv.aol.com/

III. For more AOLserver information please visit:

http://www.aolserver.com/