On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:

> In AOLserver command set there are couple of commands
> executing scripts at various times and/or events:
>
>   > info comm ns_at*
>   ns_atsignal ns_atexit ns_atclose ns_atshutdown
>
> What I somehow miss is the ability to execute scripts
> *after* the server has finished initialization but
> *before* it goes into normal operation.
> So, I've extended the command set with the "ns_atstartup"
> command. This registers scripts to be executed immediately
> before server is going into operation and just after the
> last initialization script was finished.
>
> Does anymbody know how to achieve this with the existing
> command-set?

The following is the hack from Rob Mayoff test case for nscache module. It
runs runtests proc after the server startup. It's not exactly the same,
because as I suspect it runs a little bit later then the code registered
with your ns_atstartup command.

--- nscache/test/init.tcl ---

# We have to wait until server startup to run the tests, because
# some of the tests require spawning more threads, and you can't
# do that until after server startup.

ns_schedule_proc -thread -once 1 runtests

---

--tkosiak

I. To remove yourself from this list:

Send a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  with the following text in
the BODY of your message:

signoff aolserver

II. For a complete list of listserv options please visit:

http://listserv.aol.com/

III. For more AOLserver information please visit:

http://www.aolserver.com/