On 2003.11.04, Zoran Vasiljevic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This very thread is the proof that there is need for this, or?
> Is this a good enough for you?

Necessity is the mother of invention.  Proof that there is need for this
would be that someone has already implemented it, regardless of whether
they make their implementation publically available.

Having discussion threads about feature requests isn't proof that the
features are necessary.  :-)

> Digest auth or not, if we can bring AS to be more versatile
> with *minimal* effort, what not doing this?

I personally don't want to see AOLserver become a collection trivial to
implement features that a small subset of the user community wants
and/or needs.

If someone has the spare time to make the change Jim suggested and do
all the necessary regression testing to ensure that normal request
processing isn't broken by the change ... maybe their time would be
better spent improving the DB API or something that's more generally
useful to the majority of AOLserver users?

> I really do not undersand the point of this thread any more.

I'm not sure there was a point in the first place.  As you pointed out,
this very same discussion happened nearly two years ago, and we still
have nothing more than Basic auth. and the community as a whole seems to
have survived without much complaint.

Perhaps that's a sign ...

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]