On 2004.05.21, Daniël Mantione <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The message to new users should be "Yes. You have to switch to TCL, but,
> don't worry, we're sure you'll regret that you didn't do it before"
> instead of "Switch to AOLserver, it's easy and nothing has to change for
> you".

See, I disagree here.  The message should probably be something like:

"Switch to AOLserver, you'll be able to leverage the vast knowledge you
already have and be as productive as you already are.  Then, as you
learn more and more Tcl and how to take advantage of AOLserver's
features, you'll be even more productive."

The learning curve is a big hurdle to technology adoption.  Flattening
that curve by letting folks migrate to AOLserver while maintaining their
current levels of productivity ... will only ease the pain of migration.

The thing we don't tell them up front is that once they get a taste of
how much easier it is to do lots of things in Tcl, they'll never want to

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]