On 2005.01.15, Bas Scheffers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right, there seems to be a bug with this default value then. Without any
> fastpath directives, memory grows and grows.
>
> Fastpath set to 1MB:
> nsd starts at ~4MB, grows to about 6MB. Perfect.
>
> Fastpath set to 5MB:
> nsd starts at ~4MB, grows to 10MB. Just like it should.

Right.  Without any fastpath directives, the default is cachemaxsize =
5MB and cachemaxentry = 500K.

Your original email indicated:

    > after a day or two uptime, it is at 66MB!

This could just be ordinary heap fragmentation or some other reasonable
explanation.  If it'd grown to 600MB, I'd think start to think "memory
leak."

I have nsd's running that aren't tremendous traffic-getters (say, 10K
pages a day) and some stay under 20MB over a week and one grows to
160MB, but that's because I load a lot of data into NSV's.

I'm back to suspecting it's the Tcl code that folks are running that's
leaking memory ...

There *IS* a known memory leak with ns_openssl_sock* Tcl APIs (see SF
Bug #1097485), and when you set connsperthread != 0 (see SF Bug
#1082401).  There may well be other memory leaks within AOLserver, but
it's something unusual that people are doing ...

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]