On 2005.06.14, Tom Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Okay, so I tested the following with 4.0.10:
>
> In the shared modules/tcl directory I placed a file err.tcl which
> contained the following line:
>
> error "test error for [ns_info server]"
>
> I restarted the server and I got one error message per virtual server, in my
> case three virtual servers.
>
> Is it possible you are running multiple virtual servers from the same
> AOLserver instance?

Janine said that she is not using virtual servers.  However, the
behavior she's describing *only* makes sense if she were.

Janine, could you do a quick test: use the bare-bones sample-config.tcl
to start up the server with a simple "test.tcl" in your shared
/usr/local/aolserver/modules/tcl directory with only the following in
the file:

    ns_log notice "test.tcl"

Then start up the server with sample-config.tcl and see what gets
written into the log?  Do you get one log entry, or more than one?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara                       mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]