In that old post, you said:

> Basically, AOLserver 4 is hostile to being built (or having its
> modules built) in anything other than its final installation
> directory.

Frankly, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I NEVER install
AOLserver 4.0.x into the same directory where I build it.  (I actually
might like to do so, but if I recall correctly the build scripts
aren't structured that way.)  Typically I build everything in
/foo/aol4-src/ and then install (from source) into /foo/aol4-bin/ or
the like.

It is true that you have to tell the AOLserver build script where the
install directory is at build time.  (And perhaps you can't easily
change it later, I'm not sure as I never tried to do so.)  Is that the
actual problem?

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/