On 2007.08.07, Jeff Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok then, first up on the FUQ list (that's frequently unasked questions):
>
> Q:  How do I run AOLserver when I already have apache running on port 80?
>
> A:  There's lots of ways, some of which may not work due to your
> particular political/social situation.   AOLserver can do nearly
> everything apache can, so you could just drop apache.
> If you have SSI files, [instructions for SSI support]

http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/AOLserver_Cookbook#Server-side_Includes

I'm only half-joking here--that code I threw up on the wiki was written
and tested very, very briefly as a proof-of-concept and only handles the
"include" SSI tag ... it uses a registered ADP tag for its
implementation and is likely dangerous to use as-is, but for anyone
who wants to bravely add SSI support to AOLserver, it's probably a good
starting point.

> If you have CGI files, [instructions for CGI support with setuid]

For per-user CGI support, we could possibly add a setuid-root wrapper
like Apache's suEXEC <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/suexec.html>.
But, for the same reason that Apache doesn't include suEXEC as part of
the default installation, I think it'd be foolhardy to make it a default
part of AOLserver, as well.  But, having support for it might yield some
tangible benefits for those poor folks who have to run CGI under
AOLserver out there.

http://panoptic.com/wiki/aolserver/How_to_set_up_PHP_under_AOLserver

> If you have extensive rewrite rules, [script for changing them to filters]

This would be a nice addition to the wiki.  Anyone care to help write
it?

Either that, or should we implement a "nsmodrewrite" that reads
.htaccess files and parses mod_rewrite rules?  The big caveat is "if you
use this, you'll take a performance hit" ... ?

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://dossy.org/