On 28/09/2007, at 3:38 AM, Dossy Shiobara wrote:
I bet with just a few minutes of tweaking and tuning, we can get between
4k-8k simple dynamic req/sec out of your hardware.
Hear, hear. I just blasted my brand-spanking-new Quad 2.6 Mac Pro using ab. I was testing my ns_session, so it was doing even more than just "hello, world". I was getting between 2500 and 4000 reqs/sec, even though I did not tune anything. base.tcl only with just the ip/ port changed.

I would suspect Linux being faster on a box like this than OS X (BSD) because of better threading support. Or am I wrong in that assumption?

Cheers,
Bas.