On Sep 28, 2007, at 8:43 AM, John Buckman wrote:
My solution to that problem was simply caching in the filesystem and serving static files. The way this works in a multi-server environment is that the custom 404 handler figures out the request was for "/photo/123/axbcgsfdt.jpg" and just grabs it from the database, caches it and redirects back to it. That way I get the convenience of Tcl code and the speed of static files - save for the first request.

The 404 handler approach is very clever, that'll do exactly what I need, thanks!

Dossy: not sure if it's even worth benchmarking this, as this approach will yield the static-file-speeds, which are amazing, except in the rare no-static-file-available case, where it's back to 900/s.

-john