I've had a few customers who insisted on windows - usually it's because their in-house IT staff is windows only.

A cygwin port would probably be good enough though, and maybe that's easier than a full-blown win32 native port?

Rusty

Jim Davidson wrote:
I like this approach, doesn't need to be perfect performance (PHP isn't generally) but more naturally blending the AOLserver API's and Tcl stuff into Apache seems smart in the year 2009.

Question: Does anyone (really) care about Win32 now? Poking at the code today, I'm thinking config/build/install of a library that could be used by a mod_aolserver would be cleaner without that cruft.

Disclosure: I wrote most of that Win32 wrapper/build muck. It's existence now offends me :) Thinking back, my time and life energy would have been better spent drinking heavily than trying to navigate some silly intersection of Unix (which is mostly elegant) and Windows (which is, well, not so elegant).

-Jim