Don't think you can use it for uploads but Gustaf's Background Delivery
thread might help you to serve these files more efficiently. Its
discussed here
http://www.openacs.org/xowiki/weblog-portlet?ptag=bgdelivery

    - Steve

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 18:20 -0800, John Buckman wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2009, at 4:34 PM, Hossein Sharifi wrote:
>
> > Are you using AOLserver 4.5x on a 64-bit platform?  nsd will crash on
> > 32-bit platforms when memory usage (or log files) exceed 2GB.  I had to
> > upgrade for a similar issue involving memory usage.
> >
> > Although I think that it would be ideal to port the Naviserver code at some
> > point.
>
> No, I'm on a 32bit linux.  I guess the solution is to upgrade to a 64bit OS
> and have way more memory than the max file size.
>
> I built naviserver today, with their spooler thread, and tested large file
> uploads.  Naviserver is very efficient at memory when handling the file
> upload, but it does hold the entire uploaded file in memory as it hands the
> file off to my form handler.  So, it has the same peak memory usage as
> aolserver, though it needs the peak memory for less time.  Still, not an
> optimal solution.
>
> -john

> To Remove yourself from this list, simply send an email to
> <lists...@listserv.aol.com> with the
> body of "SIGNOFF AOLSERVER" in the email message. You can leave the Subject:
> field of your email blank.

Steve Manning
Systems Engineer
Du Maurier Ltd

Tel: +44 (0)116 284 9661
Email: st...@dumaurier.co.uk

Any views expressed in this email and any attachments are the senders
own and do not represent the views of Du Maurier Limited. This email and
any attachments should only be read by those persons to whom it is
addressed. Accordingly, we disclaim all responsibility and accept no
liability (including negligence) for the consequences of any person
other than the intended recipients acting , or refraining from acting,
on such information. If you have received this email in error, please
accept our apologies and we simply request that you delete the email and
any attachments. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email
is strictly prohibited.

Du Maurier Limited, Tel +44 (0)116 2849661.