The main argument for github is that it supports a public collaborative usage
of git.

Unless we hear otherwise, so far I think we can summarize this thread as:

Tom strongly dislikes github.
Several other people favor it.
The rest don't care or haven't spoken up yet.

I personally think github is the way to go. There is a reason it has dominated
so many open source projects. The main benefit is visibility: you get
visibility into everyone's repositories, while tracking what is the canonical
repository. That seems highly valuable to me.

Jade Rubick | Director of Development | TRUiST
2201 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250 | Washington, DC 20007 | www.truist.com | +1
202 903 2564

P Please consider the environment before printing
The information contained in this email/document is confidential and may be
legally privileged. Access to this email/document by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is unauthorized. If you are not an intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance to it, is prohibited.