Hi,Luis
See my comments in the original text.
Regards
Igor

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 4:57 PM, Luis Villarejo <villar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> On 2 April 2011 20:21, Igor Chtivelband <igor.chtivelb...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,Luis
>> 1) Without dividing deeply into design ,the main idea of "translate on the
>> fly" implementation can be having asynchronous calls from client to server
>> on "space" key strike event (or even on any key strike event,
>>

> Unless you plan to overwrite translation results, you may need to wait
> until a full stop is found in the text since the translation is not done on
> a word per word basis.

That is exactly what I was thinking about - to overwrite the translation
result after every word.For example if you are trying to translate "Happy
new year" phrase - the requests from the client to the server will be sent 3
times and after getting the response,the whole result will be refreshed.

> depending on the time required to perform the translation and return the
>> result)  and refresh the result window without performing
>> the post-back. Bottom-line  - Ajax principle.
>>
>> 2) I would be glad to implement logging system for web-site,that will
>> store the data regarding the localization of users,languages that were
>> translated,how much time did it take and even the translated texts.All these
>> can be used later for the analysis of typical user-profile and web-site
>> improvements. I think that for needs of such logging system DB tables are
>> more suitable than writing to the files,in order to fetch and analyze data
>> effectively.
>>

> The term 'logging' stanading by its own is a little bit ambiguous. Let me
> explain what I think about when I use 'logging'  in the context of this web
> interface: The logging we are thinking on refers to the transformations the
> user makes to the text translated to Apertium. Tipically the translation is
> not 100% correct and the user makes use of the tools we have integrated in
> the web interface to polish the translation. Logging these changes we would
> have access to information on what things Apertium does incorrectly and how
> should be changed.

Ok,now I understand what you meant. Do you have this "polish" feature
deployed to web-site? I am asking because you say "we have integrated" ,but
I don't see such option in current version of the web site.