Francis Tyers <fty...@prompsit.com> writes:

> Hi Francis,
>
> It should work the same as usual,
>
>  $ svn co
> https://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/apertium/incubator/apertium-en-fr
>  $ cd apertium-en-fr
>  $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/fran/local/
>  $ make
>  $ make install
>
> $ echo "Ceci n'est pas une preuve" | apertium -d . fr-en
> This no is  a proof
>
> (Then whichever scripts are needed for ScaleMT).

ScaleMT has this script that downloads and installs pairs from trunk to
a prefix folder, changing modes.xml in the process:

http://apertium.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/apertium/trunk/scaleMT/ScaleMTSlave/src/main/assembly-files/installApertiumAndPairs.sh?revision=34131&content-type=text%2Fplain&pathrev=34131

It shouldn't be too hard to rewrite it to accept
"incubator/apertium-en-it" as an option to "-l".

Or you can just do what the script does manually if you're in a hurry.
E.g. if you installed everything into the default prefix ~/local it
should be something like:

                cd apertium-en-it
                mv modes.xml modes.xml.original
                if [ "$TRADUBI_ENABLED" = "yes" ]
                then
                        java -jar ../../ScaleMTSlave-1.0.jar -processModes
-inputModes modes.xml.original -outputModes modes.xml -tradubiDictionaryPath
"$DICT_DIR" -prefix ~/local/bin
                else
                        java -jar ../../ScaleMTSlave-1.0.jar -processModes
-inputModes modes.xml.original -outputModes modes.xml
                fi
                PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/local/lib/pkgconfig sh autogen.sh
--prefix=~/local
                make
                make install
                mv modes.xml modes.xml.modified