I don't know if you whant it just for translating or to develop this
language pair.

I am interested to develop pairs including French.

Presently, at least up to december I prefer only working on Apertium
wiki translations in French. It's also a way to learn about Apertium.

For next year, fr <-> en is the second pair I think I should work
about.

The first one is from Esperanto to French (using what was done in the
opposite direction and models of transfer rule in other pairs).

For the actual fr-en pair, I didn't see if dictionary is big enough to
be interesting. If this pair is at nursery level, dictionaries may be
small.

So if I had to build them I would choose to use French - Esperanto and
English - Esperanto dictionaries and crossdics for two reasons :
- first, the fr-eo translator has good coverage (better than fr-es with
  the texts I gave it), and en-eo dictionaries are a bit bigger (according
  what I remember)
- secondly, I think esperanto is a good choice for a cross language with
  few homonyms (one word, one meaning).

I will see next spring or later according to my free time if I work for
this, or if has been already done by another person.

Si tu parles français mieux qu'anglais, on pourra toujours communiquer
dans cette langue. Et pas de problème si tu exploites mon idée pour
développer la paire dès maintenant.

To finish to speak about pairs interesting for me, there is also
French <-> Portugaise. But I saw this pair has still been developped
up to Staging level. Without speaking portugaise at all, I cannot see
how I could do better.

I think the initial question is about putting a non released pair in
a online translator.
Presently, apertium website only present released pairs (excluding
fr-eo witch is on a danish server).

But may be unreleased pairs should be also interesting to have on
another server, even if the most interested people will download
apertium tools to have local copies.

> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:39:48 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Francis Gwapo <fgw...@yahoo.com>
> To: apertium-stuff@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Apertium-stuff] Installing Language Pair from Incubator
>
> Hello,
>
> I am using ScaleMT.  How do i install a language pair from the Incubator
> directory.  I would like to install english to french.
>
> Any help is highly appreciated.
>

> Francis

Bernard Chardonneau (France)
Phone : [33] 1 64 90 87 04 (from Sept to June except holidays)
GSM phone : [33] 6 49 95 13 95 (french scholl holidays, C zone)

Multilingual websites for my free softwares :
http://libremail.free.fr and http://libremail.tuxfamily.org
http://cyloop.tuxfamily.org (mainly translated with Apertium)

My general website (in french only)
http://bech.free.fr